Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Ready?

I don't know why three days is such a big deal. Three days. That's how many days off my OB is for my due date. Apparently, although it hasn't been brought to my attention in over 36 weeks, my original due date is 12/20. However, due to the excellent dating abilities of early ultrasounds, it was moved to 12/17 in April. BUT, for legal and papertrail purposes, it is still 12/20. Here is why this is upsetting:

Baby is BIG. I have another u/s scheduled for 12/8 to determine if he is around 400-450g (I honestly can't remember which one they are looking for). If he is that big or GASP larger, they will HAVE to schedule me for a c section. Something about shoulder dysplasia and falling uteruses and the like that are not favorable to women having a 10+ lb baby. Dr. Winkelman hopes he comes early on his own (jumping jacks ensue) but if not, I am to be scheduled for a c section around 12/13. If at that time it looks like my body is prepping for labor, they MIGHT consider inducing me, but at that point I am just overwhelmed. Case in point of how babies start doing what they want from in the womb. Here's the pickle. Although he is size-wise at an EDD of 12/17, he is already weeks ahead in growth (92%!!). I might be able to have him naturally if they could induce me at my "size" EDD instead of the original one.  Now that just makes him three days bigger. I am over thinking this. They can't force me to do a c section, but I'm not a moron. I need to do what's best for him and me. Do I want my uterus or any other precious organ to fall out? Nope. Do I want his poor little newborn body smooshed in my pelvis because he's so big? Nope. The best I can hope for is that little (ahem!) Cletus comes early and we can get this show on the road au naturale. If not, I am happy for a safe c section delivery because in the end, it's what is best for us both.

In less foreboding news, the nursery is almost complete! The crib FINALLY arrived today and all the parts are perfect and intact (I will spare you the Babies R Us drama). I feel like his home is ready. I don't know why I let an inanimate concept frustrate and overwhelm me - I assume HORMONES are somewhat to blame. Regardless, it's a huge weight off my shoulders. I am not posting the final pictures until after he is born because part of the decor involves his name. And I know how much everyone hates that they are in the dark. Also, my beautiful sister took some adorable pictures of Dan and I. I am so happy to have something to remember this period of my life by. It's so beautiful, I really see that now.











No comments:

Post a Comment